We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of my website visitors. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal and corporate information.
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views).
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your name and email address).
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address).
Any other information that you choose to send to us.
Our newsletter is run via the MailChimp.com platform and we run our newsletter in accordance with their guidelines. Before, subscribing to our newsletter it is recommended you read the security section of the MailChimp.com website.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers.
Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. This to ensure that the service is available when you want it and fast.
For more information about Google Analytics visit Googles’ Analytics website .
Generally, we are no different to any other, responsible company in that;
- If you access any of our websites a normal, non-sneaky cookie will be set, (unless you have turned them off)
- If you submit details to us, we will do our best to protect that information.
Removing and Disabling Cookies
If you do not wish to accept cookies on to your machine you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your browser. However, this will affect the functionality of the websites you visit.
Using Your Personal Data
We May Use Your Personal Information To:
- Administer the website.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- Enable your use of the services available on the website.
- Send to you, goods purchased via the website, and/or supply to you services purchased via the website.
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- Send to you [our newsletter and other] marketing communications relating to our business.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Internal Data Transfers
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
Third Party Websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third-party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible for our website is Carl Nixon.